PUC is governed by its Board of Trustees, and is assisted by an Academic Advisory Council. The members of the Board are appointed among the major shareholders and academicians. The Board of Trustees shall appoint the Executive Officers as a management team, which consists of a president and vice presidents. The Chairman is the Chief Executive Officer of the Corporation. The CEO oversees the daily operations of the university. Also, the Board of Trustees shall appoint two Internal Auditors. The Board of Trustees and the Internal Auditors shall be approved by the General Assembly of shareholders.
A. Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Establishing the University’s mission and vision;
- Appointing the University’s Executive Management Team;
- Approving PUC programs and curricula;
- Approving the academic policies, rules and regulations, operations and management procedures; and
- Approving the overall fiscal operations, and serving as advisory body to the Executive Management Team.
The Board of Trustees consists of the following personalities:
- PUC Founder: Dr. Kol Pheng, Former Senior Minister, and Former Minister of Education Youth and Sports. Dr. Kol Pheng was also Vice Chairman of the Supreme National Council of Education. Dr. Kol received his Ph.D. in Economics from the University of Missouri at Columbia, Missouri, USA;
- Chairman of the Board: H.E. Veng Sereyvuth held various ministerial positions in the Royal Government of Cambodia since 1993, including co-minister of Council of Ministers, Senior Minister of Tourism, and Senior Minister of Art and Culture. H.E. Veng Sereyvuth received a Business Administration's degree from Victoria University Wellington, New Zealand;
- Vice Chairman: Mr. Ou Sam An, graduated with a Master’s degree of Science in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering from Washington University, Missouri, USA;
- Vice Chairman: Dr. Sam Sam-Ang, graduated with Ph.D. in Ethnomusicology from Wesleyan University, United States of America;
- Member: Mr. Mak Vann, graduated with an MBA and a Master in Information System from Marymount University, Virginia, USA. Mr. Mak Vann is a former Secretary of State of Education, Youth and Sports ;
- Member: Dr. Pak Thavin, graduated with a Ph.D. in Education, Former Professor of UCLA at Berkley, USA. Dr. Pak is a Former Director General of Higher Education, Ministry of Education Youth and Sports.
- Member: Dr. Keo Sambath, graduated with a DMD in Dentistry from Washington University, Missouri, USA;
- Member: Mr. Chhoeng Phan Sophon, Former Professor and Legal Consultant;
- Member: Mr. Justin Dara Op, graduated in Mechanical Engineer (B.S.) and Electrical Engineer (M.S.) from the University of Texas at Austin, Texas and the University of Arizona, respectively;
- Member: Mr. Long Kim Heng, graduated with an Engineering degree from the University of California at Long Beach;
- Member: Mr. Chau Hing, graduated with an Engineering degree from the Institute of Technology of Cambodia;
- Member: Mr. Duch Rithy Yen, graduated with an Engineering degree from the University of California at Long Beach;
- Secretary: Mr. Kol Channarith, Secretary of the Board of Trustees.
B. The Academic Advisory Council
The Academic Advisory Council shall provide both to the Board of Trustees and the Executive Management Team with advices on academic programs and/or any other issues related to the University management and international accreditation.
The following persons have been appointed as members of the PUC Academic Advisory Council:
- Dr. Harry Norman, Dean of University Extended Education and International Programs, California State University at Fullerton, United States of America;
- Dr. Supote Praserstri, former high ranking officer of the UNESCO and former Dean of Faculty of Education at PUC. Dr. Praserstri received his Ph.D. in Education from the University of Standford, California, USA; and
- Dr. Sin Chum Bo, Ph.D. in Education Policy and Management from the University of Oregon at Eugene, Oregon, USA.
C. Executive Management
The Executive Management Team is responsible for PUC daily operations. It consists of the following personalities:
- Dr. Kol Pheng, President;
- Dr. Chea San Chanthan, Chancellor, overseeing the international affairs. Dr. Chea received his Doctor of Philosophy in Education from the University of California at Santa Barbara, USA;
- Dr. Sin Meng Srun, Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs. Dr. Sin received Doctor of Philosophy in Forestry Economics from the University of Georgia. Prior to joining PUC, Dr. Sin was an Emeritus Professor at Humboldt State University, California;
- Dr. Pak Thavin, Senior Vice President for Education Excellence;
- Mrs. Phalla K. Kol, Vice President for Development, Planning and Finance;
- Professor Kieng Rotana, Vice President for University Relations and Academic Programs Office. Mr. Kieng Rotana received his Master's degree of Arts in Education from the University of New South Wales, Australia.
- Professor Chhoeng P. Sophon, Vice President for Community Relations and Chairman of the Board of Director of Paññāsāstra International School;
- Mr. Tim Skaggs, Vice President of PUC Institute of Executive Leadership. Mr. Skaggs was an Adviser and Consultant to the American Leadership Forum of Houston, Texas. Mr. Skaggs was graduated with a Master's degree of Science and has completed his doctoral program in Management and Organizational Behavior but dissertation (ABD) at Case Western Reserve University. He has also received a Master's degree of Arts in Political Science from the University of Florida;
- Mr. Kassie Neou, Vice President for PUC Institute of Foreign Language Programs. Mr. Kassie Neou is a former Secretary of State of the Ministry of Justice;
- Mr. May Sam Oeun, Chairman of Paññasastra Institute of Academic Research and Development. He is a former member of Parliament and former Secretary of State, Ministry of Agriculture, Fishery, and Forestry. Mr. May Sam Oeun received his Master's degree of Science in Microbiology/Food Science from Utah State University, Logan, Utah, USA;
- Mr. Justin Dara Op, Special Assistant to the President. Mr. Justin Dara Op received his Mechanical Engineering degree from the University of Texas at Austin and a Master's degree of Science in Electrical Engineering from the University of Arizona;
- Mrs. Bonne Op, General Comptroller. Mrs. Bonne Op received her M.A. in Finance and Accounting from the University of Phoenix at Arizona, USA.
D. Internal Auditors
The Board of Trustees has appointed the following persons as PUC Internal Auditors:
1. Dr. Oun Sokun, Associate Dean of Faculty of Business and Economics, Paññāsāstra University of Cambodia, Phnom-Penh; and
2. Dr. Chhiv Thet, Assistant Dean of Graduate School of Business and Economics, Paññāsāstra University of Cambodia, Phnom-Penh.
E. Academic Leadership
Currently, the academic leadership consists of the following:
- Dr. Pak Thavin, Senior Vice President for Education Excellence, overseeing the Graduate School of Management and Economics;
- Professor Chiv Ratha, Dean of Faculty of Business and Economics. He received a Master's degree in Business Administration in Public Policy, Monash University, Australia;
- Dr. Sam Sam-Ang, Dean of Faculty of Arts, Letters and Humanity. Dr. Sam received his Ph.D. in Ethnomusicology from Wesleyan University, United States of America;
- Dr. Raymond Leos, Dean of Faculty of Communication and Media Arts. Dr. Leos received his Doctor of Jurisprudence from the University of California at Davis School of Law; and a Master of Fine Arts from UCLA Graduate Films School, USA;
- Dr. Trond Gilberg, Dean of Faculty of Social Sciences and International Relations. Dr. Gilberg received his Ph.D. in Political Science from the University of Florida, USA;
- Professor Kong Phallak, Dean of Faculty of Law and Public Affairs. Professor Kong received his Law Degree (LLM) from the Nagoya University, Japan;
- Dr. Sok Uttara, Dean of Faculty of Education. Dr. Sok Uttattara received his Ph.D. in Education from La Salle University of the Philippines;
- Dr. Srey Sunleang, Dean of Faculty of Mathematics, Sciences, Engineering and Architecture. Dr. Srey Sunleang received his Ph.D. in Natural Resource Economics from Kyoto University, Japan;
- Dr. Korm Ribaun, Dean of PUC-Institute of Foreign Languages. Dr. Korm Ribaun received his Ph.D. in Public Administration Policy from the University of Canberra, Australia;
- Dr. Heang Punley, M.D., Dean of School of Medicine and Health Sciences. Dr. Heang Punley received his Doctoral in Medicine from the Faculty of Medicine in Phnom-Penh. The School of Medicine and Health Sciences and its programs are in development progress.